Edmonton Laser Hair Removal
Edmonton laser hair removal has become as popular for men as it is for women.
Make an appointment today!Call us at 780-468-2111 to book an appointment or a FREE consultation today!
The ugly truth is…
We all grow hair in unwanted areas of our bodies…some places more embarrassing than others.
It can be frustrating because sometimes we can’t reach it to remove it ourselves.
Or worse, “that spot” isn’t friendly to plucking, sharp razors, stinging wax, smelly hair removal creams, or painful electrolysis needles.
For many men and women, unwanted hair can be a nightmare and getting rid of it can be painful.
Well, Rejoice!!!!! Bella Tonic has a permanent hair removal solution!
We use the most-advanced laser hair removal technology in the industry, the same technology used by the world’s leading Medical Spas and doctor offices. Now you can remove that unwanted hair for good!
Imagine not having to shave, tweezer, wax or go through electrolysis again to have smooth silky skin…
Our advanced Edmonton Laser Hair Removal system is the answer.
Voted #1 in Edmonton Laser Hair Removal!
Make a consultation or appointment today and take advantage of the latest and most effective permanent hair removal technology available on the market; Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) hair removal by Palomar Medical Technologies. Palomar is the industry leader in aesthetic services.
Our laser treatments are powered by the Palomar StarLux Pulsed Light and Laser System.
Edmonton Laser Hair Removal Frequently Asked Questions
How Does Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Hair Removal Work?
The Palomar Starlux IPL effectively removes hair on all skin types, from the fairest to the darkest, including tanned skin. Our Palomar Starlux IPL allows for treatment on the all body parts including the face, back, arms, bikini, legs, and chest.
IPL technology offers a gentle, non-invasive, long-lasting solution to unwanted hair on the face, back, legs, bikini line or any other body area. Based on technology used for nearly a decade in the treatment of port-wine stains and other birthmarks, IPL photo-epilation has been performed safely for many years, effectively eliminating dozens of hairs with each pulse leaving your skin looking and feeling smoother and silkier.
How Long Will The Results Last?
Intense Pulsed Light system works by emitting pulses of intense light into the hair follicles. The light is absorbed by the pigment in the follicles and converted to heat. The heat then loosens the hair and disables the follicular cells responsible for growing new hair.
Most hair removed with the Palomar StarLux system will not grow back at all. Hair that does grow back may be thinner and lighter in color. The IPL system really is one of the most advanced Edmonton Laser Hair Removal systems available.
Does IPL Hair Removal Hurt?
Traditional waxing and threading treatments, which essentially rip the hair from the skin, can be quite painful. Most people, however, find the Medi-Lux IPL system to be significantly more comfortable.
In addition, since the pulses of light penetrate the skin, you do not need to let your hair grow out before you are treated. With Medi-Lux IPL treatments, you can remain virtually hair-free all the time!
What Are The Benefits Of IPL Hair Removal?
Is IPL Hair Removal Right For Me?
What Body Areas Can I Get Treated?
What Are The Treatment Sessions Like?
What Should Most People Expect After Treatment?
How Is IPL Removal Different From Electrolysis?
What Is The Difference Between Edmonton Laster Hair Removal and IPL Treatments?
Pulsed-light systems and lasers are very similar and remove hair in basically the same way. Intense Pulsed Light systems emit multiple wavelengths of light whereas lasers only emit one. IPL hair removal can safely and effectively eliminate even coarse hairs.
With the IPL process, we can gently treat hair in sensitive areas such as the lip or breast areas while maintaining a healthy, normal appearance of the surrounding tissue. Palomar Star-Lux, using this new technology, removes hair up to ten times faster than normal laser hair removal Edmonton. IPL treatments can fit even the busiest person’s schedule.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
The number of treatments you may require for optimal benefits depends on the area you wish to have treated, the hair density and your hair’s growth cycle. Your hair grows in cycles and many factors influence its growth. Age, ethnicity, weight, hormones, diet, medication and metabolism all play a part in your hair’s location, thickness and resilience.
The IPL slows the growing capacity of follicles in the growth cycle at the time of the treatment. Since some hair follicles may enter their growth cycle after your treatment, multiple treatments may be required to deliver optimal results.
Generally, patients need 6 to 8 treatments to achieve their results. Treatment results will vary from patient to patient depending on skin and hair color.
Note: Removing hair does not make it grow back thicker, darker or quicker. The opposite is usually the case. IPL treatments may cause hair to come back slower and thinner.
Are There Any Possible Side Effects?
Side effects are rare. You may experience some slight reddening or local swelling at the treatment site, but this typically goes away within hours or a few days. On rare occasions, some blistering or bruising may occur, but typically resolves quickly.
Also, the skin can become darker or lighter following treatment, but will generally return to normal within a few weeks to 6 months. Limiting sun exposure before and after each treatment will minimize the risk of complications.
What Are Hair Growth Cycles?
Hair growth goes through three specific cycles:
- Anagen Phase – Anagen is the active phase of hair growth and generally lasts for several months. At any given time, most of our body hair is in this part of the hair-growth cycle.
- Catagen Phase – During this brief phase, the hair bulb regresses and begins to shrink.
- Telogen Phase – At the end of this resting phase, which typically lasts a few months, hair is released from the shriveled follicles and the anagen phase begins again.
How Has Unwanted Hair Usually Been Removed?
- Shaving – Shaving is a simple procedure…but it’s also messy and time consuming. (And who needs nicks and cuts?) Shaving is a very short-lasting solution, one that requires a constant commitment.
- Tweezing – Ouch! This quick-fix is not only painful…it’s highly impractical for large areas! And, if you’ve ever tweezed, you know that the hair you pluck will only grow back again.
- Depilatories – Another short-lasting solution. This messy procedure requires a significant time commitment and must be repeated about once a week. Caution: If depilatories are left on too long, they can cause severe skin irritation or even chemical burns.
- Waxing – Edmonton Waxing can cover large areas and may last for a month or so. Yet this procedure is painful, can irritate sensitive skin, and can only treat hair after it becomes visible above the skin.
- Electrolysis – This procedure involves sticking a needle into each hair follicle and applying an electric current. In expert hands, electrolysis can successfully eliminate hair. But because you can treat only one hair at a time, it’s tedious and time-consuming.
Get In Touch
Questions? Enter your contact info below and we'll be happy to answer you back!